- For almost 40 years active in the IT field, applied informatics in business and administration and the Information Society initiatives.
- He gained his first IT experience in scientific institutions. Then he moved to the IT companies creating experimental solutions in different economic sectors and in administration. He was one of the pioneers of PC use in Poland.
- He has been working for the public sector for the past 25 years. He managed the digitization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Between 1998 and 2004 he worked at the Permanent Representation of the Republic of Poland in Brussels where during the accession negotiation he was responsible for telecommunications, IT and Information Society issues.
- Between 2004 and 2005 he served as Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Scientific Research and Information Technology where he was responsible for the Information Society development in Poland. He launched then several actions and campaigns popularizing the Internet and preventing the digital exclusion.
- The years 2007-2011 he served as director at the Ministry of Administration and the Interior responsible for Information Society. He represented Poland at the Digital Agenda High Level Group. From January 2012 he is the Minister’s Plenipotentiary for the digital competencies development in administration at the newly created Ministry of Administration and Digitization. His role is to coordinate cooperation in the public IT sector and to enhance digital competencies among public servants.
- He is the initiator and organizer of many meetings, seminars and conferences dedicated to the popularizing the Internet and its propagation among Poles. He was awarded and decorated with distinctions at various occasions.
- He is the member of many IT associations and organizations. Honoured for his achievements he was appointed a member of the Committee on Informatics of the Polish Academy of Sciences. Since 2002 he is the member of the expert committee on informatics at the Council of Europe.