- Systems Engineering from Minho University
- MBA from the ISEE (University of Porto),
- AMP from INSEAD
- post-graduate studies at ISEE and MIT.
- From 1991 to 1997 he was Corporate Information Officer of Sonae Distribuição, the largest Portuguese retailer. António worked in retail for 15 years following a distinguished academic career. Early in his retail career, António was CIO of Sonae, the largest retailer in Portugal, where he led the development of systems and processes identified by Forrester as one of the best in Europe for a food retailer. Sonae was the first major food retailer in the world to deploy the Oracle Retail merchandising system, and António pioneered much of the early content of Oracle Retail's food functionality.
- He founded and was CEO of Enabler from 1998 onwards - Enabler was a systems integrator strictly focussed in Retail.
- In 2006, Wipro (the Indian IS integrator/outsourcer) acquired Enabler. From 2006 to the end of 2009 he was VP of Retail Services at Wipro.
- He is also a founding partner of various other IT companies connected - Mobicomp (now part of Microsoft) , ITPeers, Profimetrics, QuiiQ, Cardmobili.
- António is also a Member of the General Board of University of Minho and he collaborates with COTEC Portugal. He is also a guest professor at EGP, the Porto Business School.