- He holds an MBA from California State University, Hayward
- Cofounder of Zemanta, one of the most successful Slovenian startup stories
- Aleš is an experienced manager and founder. He was the first CEO of Zemanta, one of the most successful Slovenian stories in recent startup history. He took it from founding, pitching, fundraising, developing partnerships and establishing it as a brand and business. He still serves as the Chairman of the board. He's also involved in several other startup projects.
- During his computer science studies Aleš designed and implemented one of the first online trading brokerages in Europe, and successfully run the operation for two years. After that he published a book on advanced SQL programing at O'Reilly media and moved to several IT related managerial posts in Slovenia, finally serving as a CEO of the top IT integrator with 160 employees in three countries. He established and run own business development consultancy helping top Slovenian companies improve their sales performance.
- He is a passionate wine, good food and jazz lover.